Thursday, April 29, 2004

San Antonio Sucks/You Guys Are All Nerds

Bring it on, San Antonio. We'll do the same thing to you that we did to Houston. You guys are just a warm-up for the showdown with the Kings... who are still ugly.

I don't understand how all of you nerds can study so much. How do you wake up in the morning and just get to work like that? I need at least four hours of fuck-around-and-not-do-jack-shit time right after I wake up. And then once I get to work, I need a Wawa break like every twenty minutes or so. I just don't understand.

Of course, incomprehension does not imply inferiority or superiority either way. In fact, I'm probably a dumb-fuck for not doing any work since classes ended on Friday. Despite my confusion, I also admire all of you hardworking students out there who are really putting your parents' money to good use. I, on the other hand, am quite possibly spending this week wasting/squandering/burning/flushing down the toilet hard-earned dollars for the joys of sitting on my ass all day wearing sunglasses indoors and bopping my head to Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Sweet Home Alabama." Is it worth it? It feels like it is right now. However, once I pay for these slothful, lazy, and procrastinating sins with grades in the basement levels of the skyscraper that was once my academic promise and career, I will surely say to myself, "Self -- you shoulda done a little reading during Reading Days."

And then I'd pick up my guitar off the sand, walk along the beach to a white-washed bench, lie down, and fall asleep, with the warmth of the sun forever dancing in the pores of my sea-blown skin.

No comments: