Saturday, April 03, 2004

In Da Club, Then In Da Quad

George and Jon took me to my first college party and club last night. By the time we got in, it was probably around midnight. I did not drink an ounce of alcohol, although I was offered the opportunity a couple of times. It was really hot and I was wearing too much. I can't say if I had fun or not, but I shouldn't have to, since that was not the point. The point was to break the monotony of life, and I think I accomplished that. So yes, it was unmonotonous. Actually, I can't say that with 100% accuracy. After about half an hour, it was monotonous. I mean, the music was. I have decided I don't really like clubs, because they don't play music I like to dance to. They play the same kind of songs over and over, and force everyone to dance the exact same dance over and over. I want to go to a club that plays disco, swing, and retro along with the rap and stuff. I think that would have been more fun. I like dancing to disco and swing. The only song remotely different from your usual club song they played was "Hey Ya!" by Outkast, and I enjoyed dancing to that one the most. I don't think there are any clubs like that though.

We got back to Penn around 3:00 a.m. My ears could barely hear anything. I realized I didn't have my keys and was locked out of Gregory until the morning, when they unlock the doors. So I spent the night in the Quad with George, sitting on the floor of his hallway, and then falling asleep on the couches in McClelland around 5 a.m. We chatted, and my ears eventually came back to me. I woke up around 10:00 a.m. and came back to Gregory, noticing new creatures to the Gregorian landscape. Joining the squirrels, mice, and roaches in this habitat are Gregory's newest guests: ugly, pink worms!.

It's great to be home.

No comments: