Tuesday, April 13, 2004

The Horror Show

Since I was a little kid I tried to get out of my head;
Trapped on the playground I would stare at the sky,
I didn't even know why? Some conform and some try to escape.
We're the bait, we're all alone, in a horror show...
The creep in you is the creep in me - we don't want to die.
Do you feel there's nowhere to go? We're the bait,
In a horror show, we're all alone, in a horror show. Oh no.
I know we're unloveable: you don't have much in your life.
Take the show, it's yours, message received, loud and clear.
You don't have to tell me I wear black on the outside,
Because black is how I feel on the inside; I'll be there. Just
Say the word, and you'll be free like me, the word, the word, the word.
And now the dynamite walls between us, they crash through
Broken nights and broken dreams. Open your eyes, just go.
The air is turning to falling snow now, miles away, just up ahead.
It doesn't matter what any of us is looking for;
We'll never find it because it's not even there - you're alone,
Without a name, on nameless streets, all alone,
In this horror show of life, of love - with my head on the floor,
Cracked open porcelain, white flower petals strewn spilling,
Cracked in nightmares of broken glass. Why did you fall in
When I ran back, why did you fall in? Surely, I do, if only
For this fake plastic life we live; I'm just trying to get rid of the sound.
The laughing world will never forget that I am just a name,
That you are just a rose without a fragrance, and that everything,
Everything... always goes back to the start:
When I was just a little kid, trying to get out of my head.