Friday, April 02, 2004

The Lakers, Dr. Pepper, a Botched April Fool's Prank, CVS, Wawa, and My Bitch Printer

The Sacramento Kings lost tonight to the Dallas Mavericks, at the same time that the Los Angeles Lakers beat the Houston Rockets. In the standings, that means the Lakers have caught up and are now TIED FOR FIRST in the entire WESTERN CONFERENCE. That's half of the NBA (the better half, without a doubt). A lot of people are going to owe me five dollars, and I plan on collecting on everyone. Yeah, EVERYONE. People are so dumb. I don't understand how one bets against the Lakers.

I also had my first can of Dr. Pepper tonight for the first time in a long time. I think it's safe now to go back to drinking products from the COMPANY THAT OWNS PLANO, TEXAS, WHICH STILL SHOULD BURN IN HELL.

There were also a couple of failed attempts at April Fool's jokes by me and my accomplice. Things didn't work out since people lock their doors in America, because they are gripped by fear. We wouldn't have had this problem in Canada, where nobody locks their doors, because locks are repressive for a society. They don't keep people out. They lock you in. By the way, go watch Bowling for Columbine. You'll either love it or hate it, but it will at least make you think about some interesting issues, publicity stunts aside. Well, I think Plan B worked with the the prank, but results will have to wait until tomorrow, I think.

Then I accompanied Eric to CVS to buy super glue, and we had a good, thorough discussion about the relative merits of the vast selection of super glues on the shelf. Price considerations won out, I believe.

Then Frank accompanied me to Wawa and we had a similar discourse on which flavor chip would go best with the chicken noodle soup I ordered. That was a more difficult thing to solve, and we had it narrowed down to either Ranch or Sour Cream & Onion, and we decided the spiciness of the Ranch flavored chip gave it too much of an independent, rebellious streak. Does not work cooperatively with other flavors. We thought the Sour Cream & Onion had a more amiable personality that was willing to work together and try to complement other tastes, like that of chicken noodle soup. I forgot all about it when we got back, though, and ate all the soup before opening the bag of chips. So much for that.

And my printer is a little bitch, because it wastes my paper for no reason, printing random non-sensical symbols on all the pages. I just came back from class today and all my paper was in a stack on the top tray, with weird symbols on them. Bitch printer. Or maybe I'm the bitch...

I might have more to say, but then I would be broaching the guidelines set down by the title of this post. I don't want to break my own rules like that. So I'll just keep it down to those subjects which I indicated above. That's fair. Good night.

No comments: