Saturday, April 10, 2004

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

I just watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and I've decided I must watch it again. Soon. I don't think I was really ready for how brilliant it was going to be. This movie is an instant favorite for me. It doesn't have the self-conscious wit of Adaptation, but everything about it clicks with a conviction that only Charlie Kaufman can pull off. The man is a veritable screenwriting genius. He is the greatest screenwriter of our time, without a doubt.

I spent another afternoon on The Bench, staring down the sun. Staring down the sky. Staring down passers-by. Staring down the insides of my own eyes. Staring down a page from a book. Staring down my life. Just staring.

So I'm sorry if I didn't see you passing by. I was staring... at something.

No comments: