Monday, April 05, 2004

The Resurrection of Spring

I've decided that my life is one long A Minor chord. Maybe a little D Minor, and even the occasional E Minor. If there were ever a major chord in my life, it would probably be G Major. Maybe sometimes C Major. But yeah, the dominant chord is definitely A Minor.

I wonder if my roommate can hear me through the wall when I fart. It's a pretty thin wall. I'm kind of embarrassed by this thought, because I barely know him, and I think he probably thinks I'm weird already for not talking to anyone in Gregory or being an outgoing person. I mean, if on top of all that, he could also hear me fart, I think that would explain why I have no friends in Gregory and they are all in the Quad. I don't fart in the Quad for some reason. Too pristine.

The wind screams down the streets like a hysterical mother looking for her lost child, bowling over anyone in her path. This lost child is Spring. Let us all hope and pray that Mary of the Wind finds her baby Spring and returns calm and sanity to Spruce Street. O, Madonna, only the arrival of Spring could squelch your fury. "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

Sometimes you get a thirst that can only be quenched by the bitterest of drinks. My bitter thirst quencher is coffee. Black coffee.

'Cause I'm thinking 'bout a brand new hope,
The one I've never known,
'Cause now I know it's all that I wanted

-- Green Day

No comments: