Wednesday, March 02, 2005

emporium of delirium serum

wake me when it's over
i can't think when i'm sober
i float off into the night sky
surrounded by brilliant white lights
like i'm flying in a dream
that's just how it seems
your face has no form or shape
light and shadow flirt and play
like faceless memories in a cloud
an old photograph with the faces rubbed out
i can only remember the places
the time but not the faces
i'll always be waiting for your call
your beck never did me at all
i'm tied to the past by an invisible string
and you're always looking for something
wal-marts and swimming pools
making hot and staying cool
your laugh came so hard and fast
that i knew it would never last
i knew it was coming
i knew you were running
but i just look out my window
and the world dissolves like snow
collapses like a falling roof
leaving me so aloof

but you can meet me at the bottom
it's a room that's always autumn

No comments: