Sunday, March 20, 2005

All-Nighter

5:00 PM
Waiting for Eric to finish talking to girl. See Vimarth, tell him we're going to New York right now, for the fuck of it. Ask him if he wants to come. He says sure, goes to ATM, still wearing backpack.

5:55 PM
Waiting for R7 Regional Rail train to Trenton, NJ.

6:50 PM
"I was drooling. Djya see that?"

9:00 PM
Eric asks for light from really hot German girl in Times Square and we chat for 5 minutes.

9:58 PM
"This is like a movie. I can feel the air is open. Like I'm in the Matrix."

10:07 PM
"Excuse me, I'm his existential detective. Do you mind if I shoot this?"

"If there was one thing you'd wanna change, what would it be?"

"I studied it for 7 years."

A guy from Wharton getting had by a street peddler.

10:24 PM
Black man with cane does Vaudeville jig on subway. "I've got sunshine on a cloudy day."

10:50 PM
Drug dealer trying to sell us drugs in Washington Square Park. Gave a pretty good deal too. Oh well.

10:59 PM
"Fucking serpent tried to sell you that book."

11:49 PM
We just met some guys from Jersey at a McDonald's. We hung out with them at Washington Square Park.

12:08 AM
Encountered French people.

1:26 AM
HOOKAH BAR

2:28 AM
Time is not of the essence. It's just a desire. The essence is much bigger than that.

2:37 AM
Diner/coffee shop: Moonstruck on 2nd.

2:40 AM
For Eric, the theist, it's like fate. The fun we have in New York is fate, is destiny. For me, the existentialist, it's all randomness, all coincidence. There's the dichotomy within the unified idea of "fun in New York."

2:51 AM
"I like my coffee like I like my women: autistic."

2:55 AM
We came to New York for a temporary existence.

3:00 AM
We may not know what's up, but we know what's down.

3:56 AM
At McDonald's. Almost at Times Square. Girl on phone keeps looking at me. Trying to smile and make a 4 AM connection. Vanessa Carlton playing on the speakers. "If I can just hold you... tonight."

4:06 AM
Threw pennies into a fountain on 42nd Street.

4:54 AM
Missed it by half an hour. Oh well, little bit late.

5:08 AM
Why are so many people just giving me a hard time?

5:53 AM
Got rejected by girl for sitting next to her at the NJ Transit part of Penn Station. Bitch.

6:19 AM
NE Corridor Line: It's getting light outside. We gotta get to Trenton.

7:37 AM
"How wild was tonight?"

No comments: