Thursday, March 10, 2005

Generic Spring Break Post #7

I just watched The Pianist. It was slightly more understated than Schindler's List, I suppose, but that's not saying much. There were definitely moments were I could have used a little more subtlety. Then again, some of the shots were extremely poignant. One nerdy technical effect I appreciated very much was when a shell blasts Adrien Brody's room, Polanski immediately muffles all sounds, and puts a high-pitched ringing in the background, to imitate his sudden loss of hearing from the explosion. That little trick was extremely realistic and put me right into the frenetic energy of the moment. Props to the sound editing crew! Or is it sound mixing? I never know.

In other news, I like my parents. They bought me beer today.

No comments: