Thursday, March 10, 2005

Generic Spring Break Post #8

Today was beautiful again. My parents and I drove to Ray Roberts Lake State Park and we rode our bikes around a lot. I never knew how to ride a bike when I was kid. I didn't learn until I was already in high school, at which point I never really had the opportunity to indulge in the childhood bliss of riding my red bicycle. The feeling, thankfully, can still be captured at my age: as I was speeding down a hill and careening around a turn, I hit a stretch of straight path, with the wind in my hair and sun on my brow and trees whizzing by, and I caught an inflating feeling in my chest underneath this big beautiful blue sky that could only be described as sublime. For three seconds I was Buddha on a two-wheeler. May the world know this happiness.

No comments: