Friday, May 28, 2004

The Big Nothing at the ICA

Spent the afternoon at the ICA (Institute of Contemporary Art). A few coolstuffs; however, a disappointing amount of junk, too. Definitely lesser of an experience than their last exhibit in February. Will have to go back to look at the three or four cool things again, though, with my Moleskine notebook. Was inspired by thoughts unwritten that have then since been forgotten. No apologies for such artistic plagiarism either; I've long since resigned myself to the notion that there's no such thing as an original thought anymore. I have no remorse for acknowledging influences and inspirations. They were really good. Two good ones with two dichotomatic ideas: angst and infinity. One mundane and one extraordinary. Both struck me. I want to start making films again. Goddamn mom never let me bring my camera to school. Thinking in fragments today. Three last, tangentially related thoughts:

- Green is my favorite color, followed closely by a very deeply rich orange color I saw in one of the pieces at the museum today.

- Girls who hang out in modern art museums are hot. (But you're pushing it when you chatter like that. Please come by yourself next time.)

- I need a more portable Moleskine that I won't forget at home.

No comments: