Friday, May 28, 2004

Ah, Facking Shat

Fucking shit. I just got a notice from the ITA people that Universal has filed a complaint against my IP for sharing 21 Grams. I totally deleted it last week after watching it, but I guess that's not enough. I am now OFFICIALLY a copyright infringer, since I have now been caught. Well you know what I say?

Hah! Bring it on, bitches. *scoffing laugh*

Well, this notice did serve to remind me that I completely forgot to review 21 Grams, and the two movies I watched last night, Along Came Polly and The Life of David Gale, so here it goes:

21 Grams:
- Structure. That's what this movie is really all about. It'd be kind of a mundane, melodramatic, almost soap opera like story of organ donors and heart transplants, and hit and run murderers, and lost children, but for the unique structure the movie is told in. It's even more hard to follow than Memento. At least in Memento, everything was still linear, but just linear in the backwards direction. With 21 Grams, there seems to be no rhyme or reason between the first scene and the next, except to slowly unravel and reveal the story with constant jumps back and forth in time. It's effective, though. The structure (and some good acting by Benicio del Toro, Sean Penn, and Naomi Watts) make the movie more than it really would have been otherwise though.

Along Came Polly:
- Jennifer Aniston is hot.

The Life of David Gale:
- Kevin Spacey is still my favorite actor, despite an ending that I had predicted about 40 minutes into the movie, when Gale gets cornered on a talk show by the fact that he can't prove that an innocent person has died on death row before. It was just so easy to see, I don't feel bad that this review might be slightly "spoiling" the ending. The movie itself does a good enough job of that. Spacey is still awesome, though.

No comments: