Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Pop Music

I am a sucker for pop music. Whenever I hear a song with a catchy hook or snappy beat, I fall right into it, right into the trap. I listen to lo-fi indie rock, weird trip-hop crap, ambient noise music, etc., but nothing gets to me like an infectious Maroon 5 song, or a happy, bouncing Hanson track. Honestly. Michael Jackson can still rock my face. Of course, I don't limit myself to Top 40 radio pop. When I say pop, I also include chamber pop like Belle & Sebastian, noise pop like the Flaming Lips, power pop like the Dandy Warhols, and indie pop like Rilo Kiley. I also include old pop music like the Beatles and Beach Boys, too. As long as it has that indescribable pop sound to it, that pop snap that crackles with happiness and joy, I secretly like it. I am a sucker for it.

No comments: