Monday, December 13, 2004

Once When I Was A Little Kid

Once when I was a little kid, I dreamed about becoming a cowboy. I dreamed about being a tough guy on a horse, a thick layer of dust perpetually encrusted over my clothes, tired lines on my face from squinting into numerous sunsets as I galloped ever westward. I had my trusty six-shooter, my only weapon, the only thing I would ever need to get me out of any situation. I battled the Indians that wanted to kill me out on the plains, dozens at once sometimes. I made friends with the ones that accepted me as an honest man with fortitude and integrity, because I exuded honesty, fortitude, and integrity every time I spoke. I had a white horse who was my most trusted and loyal friend. I drank whiskey like a motherfucker, played poker in saloons, and won fights at the bar by tossing the mean cowboys out the window. And it would never be fights about money or drinks or cards or anything. The only fights I ever got into were ones where the mean cowboy was treating women poorly and I would step in and say something, and he'd be a jerk, and I'd punch him in the jaw and toss him through the glass, ksshhh. Nobody would stop me or say anything to me because they all knew he was a jerk and were secretly glad and thankful that I did that, especially the women. But I never got with any of the women myself, since they had cooties. *sigh* That was a long time ago.

No comments: