Monday, June 28, 2004

First Impressions of Home

- My mom and dad age remarkably slowly... hope it's not Botox
- Don't buy Lever 2000 Body Wash... I'm sure the soap is OK, but the body wash doesn't spread very well... it's like trying to cover your body with congealed jam that's been in the back of the fridge for three months
- I live in a very large house that looks like the house of rich, wealthy people... living in Shithole College House (I mean, Gregory) all year made me forget that my family is somewhat wealthy now
- Please don't come kidnap me just because I said I was wealthy... it was tempered with the qualifier "somewhat"
- The first day I got back, three people recognized me just out on the streets: Will L., Alison M., and Anwei C., thus making me feel both rich and famous
- I need to start getting out and seeing people I haven't seen in very long times
- Not sure what to make of this very new, fancy Blogger look... on the one hand, Blogger has become a much more powerful tool, and coupled with the new "gmail" stuff, I'd say the Blogger/Google collision is producing some magnificent sparks... but I can't shake the feeling that Blogger now looks and feels more and more like Xanga/LiveJournal, and less and less like the underground, web savvy, rock 'n' roll, stick-it-to-the-man weblog tool I fell in love with over three years ago... Blogger used to be indie rock... but now it looks almost like they are... dare I say it?... post-grunge sell-outs...
- The China trip just might turn out to be fun after all, despite the efforts of my parents to, um, exist
- Nobody likes the long hair for some reason, except me
- I could probably waste my entire life on the Internet without realizing it... and so could you

2 comments:

Alex said...

Google & Blogger: All great things must come to an end. Then again, all things must come to an end. By the way, if you want to listen to music online and don't want to blatantly break the law, check out www.shoutcast.com. A great thing that hopefully won't end soon.

Anonymous said...

Dave, I would rather cast reptilius-hide on myself than paste on that sticky mess Lever 2000. May I recommend Bodyworks Cucumber Melon? It does wonders for my skin.

I like long hair, hehehe. But I'm a girl. Ooh, China should be exciting, I'd love to learn some spells out there sometime. Speaking of the East, it seems that my love Eric is running off to Taiwan--without me! That... that lowcad, he ought to be ducked in the horse pond!

Well, I do like the way you have redecorated. Please keep updating! Toodles.

Yours,
Hermione