Saturday, June 12, 2004

"Falling Down" by Dexter Freebish

Watching people fall down over and over again is really, really funny - especially when limbs are flailing. Flailing always makes everything funnier. It worked for pre-Eternal Jim Carrey, after all.

The city looks beautiful tonight.

I'm struggling with a little bit of writer's block right now. In fact, it's been this way for the last several entries. I've had to really prod myself for things to say. I had a good conversation with Frank today about American internationalism/unilateralism/isolationism/economic globalism. I got a little mad at one (but representative of many) Whartonite's insensitivity towards other's misfortunes, and ingratitude for his own privileged life. I edited film, bringing to life the characters of Awkward & Jerkface...

This is so pointless. I'm enumerating meaningless actions rather than meaningful ideas. I'm not writing, I'm recounting. Nobody gives a shit about the stupid things that make up other people's lives, but they give tons of shit about the stupid things that make up their own lives. I am no different. I could care less about you, but today, I edited film! Wow!

I'm going to stop. Clearly, there is nothing here for you or me, tonight. There was no point in even starting. I will probably delete this post later.

No comments: