Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Feels Good!

It feels good to finish a screenplay, even if it's only a first draft, and I anticipate (and welcome) many criticisms and revisions. Here are some concerns I have about my screenplay now that it's "done."

- Is there any dialogue that is unnecessarily addressing obvious themes, or is the dialogue necessary to highlight what may not be easy to catch otherwise?
- Does John wearing women's clothing work ok, or is it too silly/distracting to imagine visually?
- Is the length OK? (It spills a little bit into page 14, so I'd love to be able to get it to 13)
- How "believable" is the John-Charlene dynamic?
- Do the daydream sequences work well or can they be improved?
- Does the structure make sense or is there a way I can rearrange things to make it better?
- What is the tone of the movie is? What should it be?

Anyway, I like a lot of what I've written. I just hope it works. I can never tell if I've pulled off what I've wanted to pull off. I guess that's up to others to decide for me.

No comments: