Wednesday, July 07, 2004

I Am 19 Years Old

This is stolen from my friend Lea Chu's blog, because I would try to describe this moment in my life with my own words, but her's are better than anything I could try to come up with. Thanks Lea, hope you don't mind.

happy birthday dear self

so it seems i've reached that awkward teenage year. you know, the one no one talks about. no one knows anyone that age. you're not quite 20, but you've passed that golden age of 18. nothing new..you can already drive a piece-o-crap car, see nc-17 movies (if they existed), buy spray paint and cigars, and you still have to journey into the forest to find a nice acid-addict named marty to buy you some beer. this is a state of limbo where you have to think about making decisions, but you don't actually have to make them yet. you aren't fully adjusted to your new life, but you've become seperated from your old. who are you and what are you doing? no one knows, and no one cares because that's the way it's supposed to be when you're 19....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On behalf of Eric and I, Happy Birthday! Can you believe I had to teleport to Taiwan to track Eric down? We're at an internet cafe right now. Ok, hope all is well. Aliusersezwut? ... thought so.