Sunday, August 21, 2005

a simulation of thought

as a baby, she whistled when she spoke / and floated before she took a step / her tiny kiss drifted on a boat / to burn my eyes with watered lip

he does not really like his job / so he will welcome another a beer / junk bond trading to the top / after his smile's lost in fear

you're reading from the inferno / but only letters a and b / stick to your best manifesto / before you're in the barn with me

i took the river and never let go / followed it home to an open lake / but nothing was good on the radio / some day, we won't manage to wake

so life sits in a lonely cell / dressed up like a silver swirl / dreaming of the fireworks that fell / into the coldest part of the world

1 comment:

Martian Anthropologist said...

Hey, thanks for the kind words on my blog -- I'll keep writing! Add me to your blogroll if you get a chance.