Sunday, April 09, 2006

clips

i finally realized something today
i'm the reason my dad's depressed
he tried to tell me all about it once
you can't love a girl and hold her hand
you can't do two things at the same time
i didn't listen to him and i didn't hold his hand
now he's alone without a song on

i finally realized something today
they were all right and i was all wrong
i'm in an empty baby's crib i made myself
either writhing or crying, i don't know
if i could feel anything, i'd tell you
but no words can come of a gaping hole
in my mouth or in my blackened brain

i finally realized something today
my mom really fucked me up
i fell out of the nest overheated, dried out
crushed, flattened, small
perfect-ly uninteresting
no anna kareninas for this tolstoy
not even a broken fence to mend

No comments: